Sunday, November 16, 2008

Love dogs...

This is the finest insight into what longing and doubt means... it is from the poet Rumi who helps me understand the via negativa better than anyone else. And Coleman Barks gets it so right that I just HAD to post this tonight.

Another is from my heart-mentor, Robert Bly, who speaks of why our culture has been so sick and silent for so long... I LOVE the way he calls us back into crying out!

And then there is the master's reworking NIN... the man in black himself.

After worship today, so many spoke quiet words of thanks that I had given voice and permission to their doubts and fears and longings all within the bounds of a faith community. More to come.

No comments:

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...