Monday, November 3, 2008

This is how it could be...

I am moved by God's gracious presence every time I hear this song - especially this version with Miriam Makeba from South Africa. It speaks to me of how we could be together - it takes work and practice, learning and listening, taking risks and making mistakes - and trusting in a vision greater than ourselves and our little minds and hearts. But that greater vision resonates in us all no matter how old or wounded or afraid...

So I hope and pray - sing and trust - and remember how it could be and ask God's blessing on us all tomorrow as we in the USA go to the polls. We have some wicked challenges at home and abroad... I pray that we might all remember the cost of freedom.

2 comments:

Luke said...

great songs! i'm with you in prayers for this day and our country... either way it turns out.

I've already BaRAWKED the Vote and my hope lies there but I also pray for the other parties as well.

Peace to you and yours RJ!

RJ said...

Thanks, brother Luke. Being prayerful this day is the order of business. Keep on rawking in the fee world.

trusting that the season of new life is calming creeping into its fullness...

Earlier this week, when the temperature was a balmy 65F and the skies sunny and blue, I began my annual outdoor spring cleaning: piles and ...