Thursday, December 10, 2009

Merry Christmas Baby...

Sometimes - often about this time in Advent - I get goofy and find that the only song that helps give me some perspective is NOT anything from my spiritual traditon... only THIS one works. It makes me shake my booty and just smile and just give thanks for being alive.

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand the theology about Advent vs. Christmas songs and not jumping the gun - and mostly I support the tradition at church and at home. But damn... sometimes "O come, o come Emmanuel" just doesn't have enough juice for this old man. I need something like a shot from the Boss while I'm waitin' on the King.

And how 'bout the way Christina makes it smoke in this version with Dr. John working the 88s... damn can that girl sing!

Ok.... now I'm back to Advent (mostly... for now.)

No comments:

getting into the holy week groove...

We FINALLY got our seed and wildflower order in! By now we've usually had seedlings started but... my new gig at church, Di's health...