Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Some insights from Brian McLaren...

As I get ready to head out to NYC this morning, I came across this article worth linking from Brian McLaren. I think he carefully and compassionately makes a case that is close to my heart: rather than define my belief by those who oppose me, why not do the harder work of searching for common ground? This is never easy, often painful and only sometimes successful - but it also the way of the Cross, yes? Certainly the Lenten journey reminds those within the Christian tradition that Jesus didn't win - the Cross is about shame, loss and death - but God's love is greater than our worst.

Check it out... I would be eager to hear your reactions:
www.sojo.net/index.cfm?action=magazine.article&issue=soj1003&article=can-we-talk

1 comment:

Luke said...

Fantastic! I love McLaren and his thoughts. Sometimes i feel that i'm a third way to the sadducees and pharisees yet often end up a combo of the two despite my best intentions.

RAWK!

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...