Thursday, May 20, 2010

A day of connections...

Today was a day of connections: visiting folk in the hospital, sending out liturgies for those who will cover for me when I am in San Francisco, practising music with the choir, thinking through with my secretary ways we can be more effective, talking with folks who just happened to stop by the church. It was a day in which nothing BIG happened: the weather was beautiful - it was the return of Third Thursdays in Pittsfield and it was very well attended - and all the people I encountered today just seemed to be aware of one another. A gentle time of making connections...

In a way, this day felt like a quiet blessing with lots of gratitude just below the surface. It made me think of this old, old Arlo Guthrie tune that I still love so well.


It has been a day of returning thanks.

2 comments:

Peter said...

San Francisco? Have a blessed journey!

RJ said...

Yes, Pete, I head out there next Tuesday. My brother was diagnosed with prostate cancer earlier this year and we've been wanting to spend some time together. So... I head out for a week on Tuesday. Lots of fun to share and things to do, for sure.

lent four: god so loved the kosmos...

Text: John 3: 14-21: And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes i...