Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Make your plans now...

Ok, so Thanksgiving in the USA is three months away but... the older I get the better at administration and planning I get, too. (Or at least that's what I tell myself and those who will listen.) At any rate, I am working on the line-up for this year's Thanksgiving Eve "evening of American Music and Poetry." As some of you know, I've been doing this on and off for just about 30 years and LOVE it. Last year we raised over $1,000 for emergency heating needs in the Berkshires - and I hope we can at least match that in 2010.

And this year, I've got at least TWO more GREAT musicians joining the show: Hal Lefferts - who is a stellar musician and individual, whom I have known since high school (we played together in a rock band called Creepin' Jesus doing Stones and Yardbirds tunes and later we had a little folk duet doing "One Toke Over the Line" and "Wild Horses" during a fun summer of love) - and Grahm Sturtz - another GREAT local musician who I had the privilege of officiating at his wedding. Sue Kelly will bring poetry - Andy Kelly, Bert Marshall and our band, Between the Banks, will bring tunes of joy and challenge - and there are a few other surprises waiting to unfold.

So, get your groove on and make your plans to join us at 7 pm on Wednesday, November 24th at First Church of Christ on Park Square (27 East Street, Pittsfield, MA

2 comments:

Peter said...

We'll be there in spirit, James.

RJ said...

I know, brother. I am hoping we can record part of it and send it north, too.

lent four: god so loved the kosmos...

Text: John 3: 14-21: And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes i...