Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ain't life grand...?

This morning I literally woke up laughing.  I don't know what was so funny in my dreams, nor do I recall hearing the sound of my laughter when I woke up. All I know is that when I rolled over from a deep sleep, I felt my body laughing. Then, at midday Eucharist, the Psalm we randomly selected for lectio divina was Peterson's take on Psalm 85:

God, you smiled on your good earth!
You brought good times back to Jacob!
You lifted the cloud of guilt from your people,
  you put their sins far out of sight.
You took back your sin-provoked threats
  and cooled your hot, righteous anger...

And now love and truth meet in the street,
  Right Living and Whole Living embrace and kiss!
Truth sprouts green from the ground
  and Right Living pours down from the skies.
Your goodness and beauty, Lord, shine
  and our land responds with bounty and blessing.

I've been walking around with these two experiences all day... made me think of the old joke about the Zen master walking up to the hot dog vendor on the street and saying:  Make me one with... everything!

Go figure... but ain't life grand?

No comments:

earth day reflection...

  EARTH DAY REFLECTION: Palmer, MA – April 21, 2024 Tomorrow marks the 54th anniversary of observing Earth Day in the United States: after ...