Sunday, April 22, 2012

Portlandia rules...

I am totally hooked on "Portlandia."  What a freakin' hoot - a great satire on PC culture by hipsters who know and love the scene - and they are ruthless.

I mean... dude! I've been there and done that, yeah? 


Once, back in Tucson, when we were pulling into the local health food complex on Speedway, two totally protien dificient girls kept wandering off the sidewalk and into the path of our moving vehicle.  Now, I was a hardcore vegetarian for 25+ years, and I love the commitment and all the rest.  But these two blissed out knuckle heads were a danger to themselves and others ~ and all I could think was ~  please, for the love of Jesus, get a protien shake and then eat a steak, ok? They were out of control!

The thing I love about this show is that it shamelessly pokes fun of many of the things I hold near and dear.  It is like Sara Silverman joins Nirvana!  (You know this is a goof on "Louie, Louie" gone very bad, right?)  And such brilliant lyrics, too...

Check Portlandia out if you get a chance...

No comments:

earth day reflection...

  EARTH DAY REFLECTION: Palmer, MA – April 21, 2024 Tomorrow marks the 54th anniversary of observing Earth Day in the United States: after ...