Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tears and gratitude for Gabby Giffords today...

It breaks my heart to see and hear Ms. Giffords like this.. but she fills me with joy and gratitude, too for her courage and common sense conviction that now is the time to act against gun violence.

There are clearly other things that need action when it comes to our common safety - including federalizing hand gun registration and background check laws that address the cause of most destruction in our cities - and not over-reacting when most gun owners are responsible and fair-minded, too.  That is why Gabby Giffords' story cannot be ignored - and her witness in this hour is critical.  My prayers are with you...

No comments:

trusting that the season of new life is calming creeping into its fullness...

Earlier this week, when the temperature was a balmy 65F and the skies sunny and blue, I began my annual outdoor spring cleaning: piles and ...