Sunday, April 21, 2013

Grateful thoughts at the close of a sabbath...

Three thoughts are swimming around my head tonight as this Sabbath comes to a close:

+  First, today is the 12th wedding anniversary for my brothers: Pete and John.  Twelve years ago today, on the first Saturday after Easter, I was privileged to celebrate the giving and receiving of their marriage vows in the presence of the Lord - and about 200 others at Rincon Congregational United Church of Christ in Tucson.  It was one of THE most sacred and beautiful weddings I have ever been honored to officiate at and it changed my life forever.  Once again, as John always does, he gave thanks to God for this ceremony out loud and my heart is full to overflowing with gratitude and joy.

+ Second, my own sweetheart is home from 10 days in the country - and both Lucie and I are delighted!  The goats have been well cared for, the chickens kept safe, too as the kid's country home became a mini-retreat for Dianne from the busy-ness of our everyday life.  In two weeks, we too will celebrate our wedding anniversary and it does my heart good to have her back where she belongs.  I like alone time - and I love reunions!

+ And third my prayers go out to everyone touched by the Marathon bombing this past Monday.  It was an emotionally rich worship today as we brought all of our questions, fears, joys and worries before God's love in silence, sound and song. 

Now it is time for dinner and rest:  blessings to you all.

No comments:

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...