Monday, May 3, 2010

Handle me with care...

Sometimes things just make you say: please, handle this life with care! Today was one of those days: great people, lots of love - sun, rain, snow and wind all in one day - and my "praying the psalms" class was so good and tender. God, I love those people.

When I got home my sweetie had made pizza - almost unheard of in our lives these days - and then I got this picture from an old, old friend from my seminary days. She used to hang with us - often took care of the girls when she could - but then as so often happens was lost in moves and time and broken hearts. Through the crazy blessing of Facebook, however, we have been able to reconnect and I treasure being back in touch. Here's a shot of when my babies were so little...

In a funny way this whole day made me think of the Travelin' Wilburys who brought together talent, history and fun in all the right ways. George Harrison was trying to pull together a "B" side for a single and before you knew it, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison and Jeff Lynne had cooked up "Handle with Care." Totally wonderful...

And some days just make our tenderness so clear and important - and I give thanks to God when I can notice. Sometimes I'm too busy - or self-important - or even tired. But not today - today was all grace - and I got it.

2 comments:

Mary said...

When I saw the title of today's blog, I started humming the tune thinking that I needed to go to You Tube and pull it up...but there it was! Thank you for the smile :D

RJ said...

smiles are precious... glad to oblige ;-)

lent four: god so loved the kosmos...

Text: John 3: 14-21: And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes i...