Sunday, June 15, 2014

On father's day...

As a father on Father's Day I have to confess that when God gave to me the joy and honor of being with two incredibly talented, savvy, witty, beautiful and creative daughters as they wound their way into womanhood, it changed my life for the better beyond all measure. And I wouldn't trade even one moment of the journey for anything in heaven or on earth. I have learned so much from these two souls - and had my heart enriched so profoundly - that I consider it a sacred privilege to be known as their dad.
The poet Rilke once put it like this - and this rings true for me.

“sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.

And his children say blessings on him as if he were dead.

And another man, who remains inside his own house,
stays there, inside the dishes and in the glasses,
so that his children have to go far out into the world
toward that same church, which he forgot." 

SO HERE'S A MUCH BETTER CHOICE OF SONGS...

No comments:

lent four: god so loved the kosmos...

Text: John 3: 14-21: And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes i...