Friday, March 8, 2013

Thank you my friends...

We played a sweet, sweet jazz gig tonight.  It was tender and chill and very soulful.  My daughter and her sweetheart came down to check it out and my heart sang when I saw her.  My band mates - particulary Andy - were so ON tonight and also mindful of the the hurt we share.

It is, you see, our old dog Casey's last night.  He has been a quiet, funny treasure for those who knew him.  When I got home I saw that Michal had posted a tender tribute to our old guy on FB.  Then I read this blog and hope you will read - and view - it, too:  it is beautiful and just right for this Sunday in Lent. Thank you to my blogger friend Blue Eyed Ennis for sharing just what the doctor ordered... I am so blessed I don't have words.  So I can't help but think of this song in light of her sweet words: check her blog out @
http://blueeyedennis-siempre.blogspot.com/2013/03/prodigals-and-gods-embrace.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FNfXS+%28Blue+Eyed+Ennis%29

1 comment:

Shepherd said...

Thanks for sharing Blue Eyed Ennis' blog. Another gift of this Lentin season.

lent four: god so loved the kosmos...

Text: John 3: 14-21: And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes i...