Friday, February 13, 2015

Deep Within preview...


So... at long last here's the first posting of last week's musical meditation.  We're missing visuals of Carlton - a real loss - but the sound is pretty fine. And we're working on a more visually engaging take on this, too once we work through some technical glitches. (My thanks to Katherine and Jeff for their help on this.)

(a mild photographic corrective)

Part one sets the song up and then moves it into a jazz context. Part two finishes up the improvisations and brings the vocals back over the jazz chart to create something totally new. I am in awe and deep gratitude for my talented, humble and generous musical colleagues. Thanks be to God for each of you.

No comments:

trusting that the season of new life is calming creeping into its fullness...

Earlier this week, when the temperature was a balmy 65F and the skies sunny and blue, I began my annual outdoor spring cleaning: piles and ...