I spent the better part of today preparing for and then being a part of a funeral. It was an authentic ending but also a sweet beginning, too. Connections were made - in me, in the body of Christ, in those who were grieving - and in the darkness there was light.
It is in all such preparation and prayer - listening and waiting and wrestling with the limitations of words only to turn it all over to God - that I find nourishment over and over again. Dear Robert Bly gives me a clue about how this is meant to be...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
trusting that God's love is real and available..
We are now in Montreal's Petite Italie neighborhood with our children and grandchildren. We've loved it for almost 20 years and hav...
-
One of the most complex challenges I experience doing ministry in this ever-shifting moment in history has to do with radical Christian love...
-
After four hard and beautiful days with family in anticipation of my father's death, we are home. It was time well spent. As one friend ...
No comments:
Post a Comment