Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I believe in father christmas...

Next week I will join a friend and local musician on an early morning radio show to play some music and share a little hope about the upcoming celebration of Christmas. I got the offer last night as our families were sharing dinner together at a GREAT local Italian place. It isn't a BIG gig - just a few songs and lots of laughs - but it will be another way of sharing our inclusive vision of God's feast.

Tomorrow I'll be meeting with another local artist/academic who is interested in helping me promote my "Spirituality of Rock" workshop and writing. I am very curious to get his ideas and see how we might expand our ideas re: God is still speaking through popular culture (if you have eyes and ears to discern.) Should be fun and insightful.

One of the songs I am thinking of doing on the radio show is my acoustic reworking of Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas." We shall see...

No comments:

reflections on the third sunday of eastertide...

What a fascinating, illuminating, humbling, and awesome week it was for those who took the time to experience the eclipse. For most of our ...