Saturday, April 10, 2010

Steam roller at a church talent show...

Ok, this is totally worth the price of admission: after singing beautiful music with my sweet wife AND doing a version of "Angel from Montgomery" with my dear daughter, THIS little clip tells me that I am ready for anything because whatever else happens... it is all gravy and grace. Here is my little blues man, Ethan, playing a lick we worked on for a church talent show tonight: Pure grace...

I am so grateful that my buddy Steve - whose own son did a rocking version of "Flight of the Bumble Bee" on marimba - was there to tape this. Again, pure grace...

2 comments:

Peter said...

He got soul, RJ.

Anonymous said...

Isn't he a trip?! I love this little dude... we may get a chance to reprise this for a city arts festival in May.

the wisdom and grace of mystery...

In this week's summary of reflections at the Center for Contemplation and Action, Barbara Brown Taylor's synthesis of the apophatic ...