Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sooooo into Pentangle...

For some wildass reason, I am sooooo into Pentangle right now I can hardly see straight!  I fell in love with this band when I was in high school:

+ Danny Thompson was the hottest double bass player EVER!

+ Bert Jansch and John Renbourn ALWAYS blew me away as guitarists - still do
.
+ And dear Jacqui McShee melted my heart with her sweet but oh so damn cool vocals.

+ And let's not forget brother Terry Cox and all his subtly on drums.

Maybe it has something to do with playing all this jazz - clearly Pentangle (and Cannonball Aderly) were my jazz influences from a tender age - or maybe it has something to do with the season:  these cats always evoked my longing for Spring.  Who knows - it is just abundantly clear that I can't get enough of these guys and want to find my old albums - and get new CDs - to revel in the mystery and madness all over again! 

Now it is YOUR turn:  dig it!

WOOT - just went the basement and found some old VINYL in my ancient collection!!!! 

No comments:

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...