Thursday, July 14, 2011

So we're going to try this...

Ok, I've only been in the Berkshires for three years, but for the past two summers we've tried a community gospel song where EVERYONE is invited to be a part of the choir: young, old, tall, short, hot, cool and everybody in-between.  The first year we tried it we used "I'll Fly Away" and that was hot.  Last year we did "Down to the River to Pray" and THAT was pretty smokin', too. Well, this year, I'm thinking we need to go for a stretch:  we have MORE guitar players in worship than ever before and a TON of new voices. So...

I'm thinking the time has come to give the gospel version of U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Searchin' For" a shot.

I'm not saying we'll nail it like this - but we've got a WHOLE lotta soul - so why not do a Berkshire version?

1 comment:

Peter said...

Hey, why not? ;)

reflections on the third sunday of eastertide...

What a fascinating, illuminating, humbling, and awesome week it was for those who took the time to experience the eclipse. For most of our ...