Today was a sweet, sweet Sunday in so many ways: our experiment in "jazz liturgy" worked with people getting into the spirit of improvisation in a fun and gentle way. They picked the hymns we sang, everyone was open to going with the flow in creativity ~ we did a setting of the sung version of "All Blues" that clearly wasn't over-rehearsed and very chill - and even my message came out in a way that I hadn't planned or expected.
Here's a picture from a good friend showing part of today's celebration: MAN it feels good to be back in the groove! And as the gospel lesson said: she did something beautiful for the Lord by taking what she had and using it when she could. Let us go and do likewise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
let's be still for a spell...
Someone's going to slam me as some kind of neo-con for this, but here goes. A few days back there was a reel posted on FB with a message...
-
Some 35 years ago I started tinkering with a garden. I didn't know what I was doing, of course, I simply found solace and a measure of ...
-
These past three months have taken their toll. Grief and anxiety will do that even if you don't fully recognize the signs. I certainly d...

No comments:
Post a Comment