Saturday, September 6, 2014

Blessed are...

Two pictures from Facebook really spoke to me this week. The first articulates what I have discovered to be at the heart of my calling. It comes from Rock and Roll Industries Magazine - a resource way too heavy metal for my groove - but a place that recognizes the sacredness of artists.
The second was taken earlier today by my sweetheart - on our back deck - and it expresses the beauty and bittersweet realities of autumn in this neck of the woods. 
I had a long and tender conversation about grief and grace with a dear brother yesterday - I love him so - and ache as he walks the journey of his wounds. I visited a church friend in the hospital, too - a soul who wrestles with countless demons within and beyond his mind - and found myself softly weeping as he held my hands in prayer. I snuggled with our puppy earlier this afternoon and read messages from my sister about my father's hospitalization with pneumonia (yet again.) 

It is a quiet and melancholy day. So I listen to one of the saints of this era and smile as she lifts my heart with what is most true.

3 comments:

ddl said...

yes. I believe too. Autumn is still very beautiful as a season in life. I loved that I was a part of my spouse's autumn. And the leaves are truly beautiful. The sound, too, of tenderness. Of words that try to communicate forgiveness and peace. Tenderness has a sound like the sound of warm water poured from a kettle into a shared cup of tea, or the softness of laughter, or the quiet relief of a dangerous time passed. And the beauty of companionship...trust.

I am sorry to hear of your father's pneumonia. Please tell Di that she has a good eye--that's a neat photo!

Peter said...

{0}

RJ said...

Thank you...

getting into the holy week groove...

We FINALLY got our seed and wildflower order in! By now we've usually had seedlings started but... my new gig at church, Di's health...