Thursday, January 4, 2018

every picture tells a story don't it...

Ok, this is SOOOO freakin' politically incorrect, but damn if I still don't love this song:  Rod Stewart tearin' it up with "Every Picture Tells a Story Don't It!" The damn guitars are outta tune, Ronnie Wood is outta control and somehow it still all comes together IMHO.


So today I did publicity all day long for the Sunday Four Freedoms Concert: Songs and Sounds of Solidarity.  Early morning radio, cable TV, an interview with the local paper and then a regional internet "Today Show" where MY guitar kept going out of tune because of the cold. As I spoke and played and shared the story with my colleague, Colin, all I could do was give thanks to God for this ride. The show on Sunday will be heart-warming as we stand in solidarity with one another. And what a blessing to come into the TV studio when another colleague from Mexico was being interviewed about her decision to leave the USA for the next year because of white hate. These are hard times, beloved, so let's strengthen our hearts for compassion.

Here are the pictures of this day as we caught the tail end of a Nor'Eastern blizzard that is still raining down snow. Brother Rod and Ron write towards the end:

I firmly believed that I didn't need anyone but me
I sincerely thought I was so complete...
Look how wrong you can be
And if I had the words I could tell you
To help you on your way down the road
I couldn't quote you no dickens, shelly or keats
Cuz its all been said before
Make the best out of the bad, just laugh it off
You didn't have to come here anyway
And remember... every picture tells a story don't it










No comments:

trusting that the season of new life is calming creeping into its fullness...

Earlier this week, when the temperature was a balmy 65F and the skies sunny and blue, I began my annual outdoor spring cleaning: piles and ...