Monday, July 6, 2020

at day's end...

Tonight I am about to make fresh basil pesto from our garden. This was NOT the day I had hoped for, but it was the hand I was dealt. We had some serious router issues to resolve, so... searching for cables, rewiring the sun room and cleaning up the unexpected dog hair became the order of the day. Thanks be to God it helps! Tomorrow, therefore, becomes a massive writing day both for the L'Arche Ottawa  zoom retreat on Thursday and Friday, but also for my Sunday live-streaming gig. On Wednesday our Brooklyn family travels north for a socially distanced visit - and I am thrilled with seeing my loved ones who have been close in prayer since March 7. Four months. Too freakin' long, but absolutely necessary - and we'll be masked for this reunion, too.
That said, at twilight all is well in our small world. I stepped outside to take some pictures. Two years ago I worked hard for our then emerging band to do a house concert on our back deck: not only did we need to get before a live audience, but the view at this time of year is just ecstatic. What follows are visual prayers at the end of an annoying but holy day.

  



No comments:

earth day reflection...

  EARTH DAY REFLECTION: Palmer, MA – April 21, 2024 Tomorrow marks the 54th anniversary of observing Earth Day in the United States: after ...