In my ongoing series re: sacred clowns and holy fools who make flesh the often counter-cultural values of Jesus, I spent a LOT of time today on Isaiah 56. With a lasting debt to Walter Brueggemann I made the case that if ancient Israel could realize the err of their ways after exile - and become increasingly more inclusive - so can we. Check out this morning's reflection from "Small is Holy" here:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
how I stay grounded in our challenging culture...
I was recently able to have lunch with our oldest daughter’s godfather and my favorite Sunday School teacher, Malcom, as we celebrated his 9...
-
Some 35 years ago I started tinkering with a garden. I didn't know what I was doing, of course, I simply found solace and a measure of ...
-
These past three months have taken their toll. Grief and anxiety will do that even if you don't fully recognize the signs. I certainly d...


No comments:
Post a Comment