Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lots of fun...

We played our third "Third Thursday in Downtown Pittsfield" tonight - this time outside in front of the church. Lots of fun: we sang impromptu children's tunes for little ones, we did lots of great gospel/folk/soul songs, a subdued but excellent version of Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side"and even a spontaneouss version of "La Bamba/Good Lovin'" for some ageing hippies who were enjoying the groove. Too much fun and a great way to meet the wider community.

When I came home I found this Bob Dylan satire by Weird Al that has to be shared. I have to tell you that I LOVE Weird Al - his spoofs of Michael Jackson and so many of the 80s/90s musicians - are to die for and this goof on my man Dylan is spot on. I have included the original, "Subterranean Homesick Blues" (one of my all time favorites... with Allen Ginsberg in the background) for context (especially for those who haven't encountered the original.) What a great night...

The original...



The satire...


No comments:

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...