Friday, August 22, 2008

Crazy ass dancers...

I LOVE modern dance - ballet, too - so today Di and visited Jacob's Pillow - the Berkshire's premier summer dance forum. I had wanted to attend one of the "ticketed" performances of the Trey McIntyre Project - a program that includes the world premiere of Leatherwing Bat, with music by American folk artist, Peter Yarrow, of Peter, Paul and Mary, as well as a variety of other contemporary music - but at $58 per ticket we opted for the free early evening Inside/Outside show.

OH MY GOD... I pray that the little children who had to endure 45 minutes of dreadful dance and incoherent storyline will forgive their parents or grandparents for dragging them to this horrible post-apocalyptic SOMETHING...?!? The grounds of this dance school are gorgeous but this performance was so cliche bound and UGLY that it brought to mind this cartoon from a recent New Yorker...
(for those who can't read the cartoon it says: "Do you find it painful when I get funky?!")

Still, what's a vacation for but to explore a bit and take a few chances, yes? Tomorrow we are off to a farmer's market and Sunday to MassMocha - the region's premiere modern art museum. I can't wait!

Here's what I missed... great dancing at its best!

2 comments:

Peter said...

We are blessed with a freelance troupe of liturgical dancers here in the city, so our worship is occasionally brought into a new dimension with their presence.

Sorry your experience didn't work out this time, but there's always another performance!

RJ said...

I love good dance - and have seen some great stuff over the years. I am delighted to know you have access to wonderful dancers cuz they can make us aware on a whole new level.

trusting that God's love is real and available..

We are now in Montreal's Petite Italie neighborhood with our children and grandchildren. We've loved it for almost 20 years and hav...