Friday, August 15, 2008

Good-bye ol friend...

I just heard the news that an old musical friend, Tom Hunter, has died. When I was a student in the Bay Area, Tom was a local minister/musician - I saw him open for Tom Paxton once in San Francisco. I enjoyed knowing he was doing his ministry of love and hope through music but had lost touch of his doings... and now he is gone. His wife posted this poem by Mary Oliver - so good - so sad - so true.

To live on this earth you must be able to do three things:
To love what is mortal;
To hold it against your bones
knowing your own life depends on it;
And when the time comes to let it go,to let it go.


It made me think of another sweet singer also gone... Eva Cassidy. Here's her version of a song that has always been dear to Di and myself: Time After Time.



No comments:

earth day reflection...

  EARTH DAY REFLECTION: Palmer, MA – April 21, 2024 Tomorrow marks the 54th anniversary of observing Earth Day in the United States: after ...