So there was a retraction... printed in small print in the NY Times that Fr. Jay Scott Newman of South Carolina had to take back his ban on Holy Communion for those who voted for Obama. And while his Bishop said every person had to explore his/her own conscience on this matter, it was still a retraction: and in these days that is a blessing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
shifting gears in autumn and a quest for koinonia...
We've been back home from Canada for a full week now: it was a joy to enter each day without an agenda and be fully free from anxiety or...
-
After four hard and beautiful days with family in anticipation of my father's death, we are home. It was time well spent. As one friend ...
-
Some 35 years ago I started tinkering with a garden. I didn't know what I was doing, of course, I simply found solace and a measure of ...
No comments:
Post a Comment