Saturday, March 14, 2009

Keep the car running...

What a freakin' GREAT song!!! I've been listening to this on and off for the last two years - and it just keeps getting better - and I mean the whole damn groove!


If some night I don't come home
Please don't think I've left you alone
The same place animals go when they die
You can't climb across a mountain so high
The same city where I go when I sleep
You can't swim across a river so deep
They know my name cause I told it to them
But they don't know where
And they don't know when...
It's coming, oh when is it coming?
Keep the car running
Keep the car running
Keep the car running

I know it has been said before - and the Boss actually covered this live with Arcade Fire - but is this a 21st century "Darkness at the Edge of Town" or what? So demanding - so passionate - so tender. Some of "The River" too. It makes me jump around, return thanks, hope for another day and lament all that I've wasted all at the same time. Kinda like Lent... Hmmmm.... so have a blessed one: who knows how long there is or... when it is coming?

No comments:

trusting that the season of new life is calming creeping into its fullness...

Earlier this week, when the temperature was a balmy 65F and the skies sunny and blue, I began my annual outdoor spring cleaning: piles and ...