Since moving to the Berkshires, the biggest loss is going out on Fridays to shake our booties to the house band at the Chicago Bar: the Rowdies. They were the ultimate garage band with a kick ass bass player, dyno-mite drummer and Mr. Music himself, Chris Davis. And as much as I love our new gig - and the church is wonderful - man, do I miss dancin' with my honey!
This clip from the Boss Man is about as good as it gets except... I just found out there is a Motown Show happening in our neck of the woods! Could truly be good rockin' tonight (well, at least tomorrow night) as we find time to shake our Lenten butts in these almost thawed Berkshire hills!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the wisdom and grace of mystery...
In this week's summary of reflections at the Center for Contemplation and Action, Barbara Brown Taylor's synthesis of the apophatic ...
-
Some 35 years ago I started tinkering with a garden. I didn't know what I was doing, of course, I simply found solace and a measure of ...
-
After four hard and beautiful days with family in anticipation of my father's death, we are home. It was time well spent. As one friend ...
No comments:
Post a Comment