When I was a rock and roll kid, one of my FAVORITE garage band tunes was "Dirty Water" by the Standells. They were brash, fun, trashy and just as much over the top as the Seeds or the Barbarians. And they were all about Boston and we're headed there today!
I won't be blogging - or working - or doing much of anything for a few days: just hanging out, walking around, visiting out of the way places and taking in some museums and music venues. I've loved the Boston music world for a long time - early Tom Rush and Joan Baez made it big here first - and you can't forget J. Giles/Peter Wolf or Arrowsmith, right?
But what about Orpheus? The Beacon Street Union? And Ultimate Spinach - one of my psychedelic favorites - all who hail from Boston while under the influence of acid? I still love this one - so rock on - and I'll check back on Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
let's be still for a spell...
Someone's going to slam me as some kind of neo-con for this, but here goes. A few days back there was a reel posted on FB with a message...
-
Some 35 years ago I started tinkering with a garden. I didn't know what I was doing, of course, I simply found solace and a measure of ...
-
These past three months have taken their toll. Grief and anxiety will do that even if you don't fully recognize the signs. I certainly d...
No comments:
Post a Comment