I have always loved the music of Marc Cohn - his "Walking in Memphis" is just about the perfect song in my book - and I have loved playing it with my old Tucson band with Rev. Lee singing his heart out... It is such a smokin' song - George Winstonesque riffs, soul, great references to Al Green and Elvis - filled with humility and humor.
And I have enjoyed many of his other tunes, too - but his "Join the Parade" CD is something entirely different - and totally worth the effort. It is part reflection on New Orleans after Katrina and part reflection on surviving a car-jacking and being shot in the head. It is dark and soulful and deeper than anything he's done in his life.
Take some time to dig him... he is totally worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
let's be still for a spell...
Someone's going to slam me as some kind of neo-con for this, but here goes. A few days back there was a reel posted on FB with a message...
-
Some 35 years ago I started tinkering with a garden. I didn't know what I was doing, of course, I simply found solace and a measure of ...
-
These past three months have taken their toll. Grief and anxiety will do that even if you don't fully recognize the signs. I certainly d...
No comments:
Post a Comment