Thursday, December 1, 2011

Ok I'm diggin this...

Tonight I played a jazz gig with my DEAR buddies in the Jazz Ambassadors:  we did Miles and Monk, lots of pretty swing, a little "Pink Panther" and a sultry almost Herbie Mann-like take on the Beatles' "Come Together." It does my heart good to play with these cats - it is both NOT church and DEEP church all at the same time.  Tomorrow we head out to Vermont for a little unplanned rest and down time before the fullness of Advent and Christmas at church hits full blown.


Three sweet blessings shook out today:
+ One is that it seems we're going to be able to host Amy-Jill Levine on Sunday, December 18th.  What a great experience for Advent:  the editor of The Jewish Annotated New Testament with us in Pittsfield.  Too kewel for school (see the NYTimes article @ http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/26/us/a-jewish-edition-of-the-new-testament-beliefs.html)

+ Two I made another blogging friend who is willing to share some insights and conversation with me beyond this blog.  To date that is four growing and sweet friendships:  in Canada, in Cornwall, in Brooklyn and now in Florida. I am grateful and blown away that folks actually READ my stuff... but also very grateful.

+ And three I saw this video from Jackson Browne down at Occupy Wall Street posted on Rolling Stone.  I love it and look forward to learning it as THIS is where my heart is these days. I am so grateful that these young people have helped America begin a challenging conversation about greed and class and the rebuilding the common good.

More on the flip side...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your blog is very nice I like to enjoy every pages,
own occupation disability insurance
regards...

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...