Monday, May 13, 2013

Some days...

Some days, sang the shamans in U2, go like this:

Some days are dry, some days are leaky
Some days come clean, other days are sneaky
Some days take less, but most days take more
Some slip through your fingers and onto the floor
Some days you're quick, but most days you're speedy
Some days you use more force than is necessary
Some days just drop in on us
Some days are better than others
Some days it all adds up
And what you got is not enough
Some days are better than others


Yesterday, for example, was wonderful - and then disorienting - all while being so very ordinary, too.  Today was completely different - a variety of meetings I expected to be totally white bread turned out to be nourishing, fun and filled with creative new possibilities - who knew?  Brother Rumi put it like this:

Who makes these changes?
I shoot an arrow right.
It lands left.
I ride after a deer and find myself
Chased by a hog.
I plot to get what I want
And end up in prison.
I dig pits to trap others
And fall in.

I should be suspicious
Of what I want.


So at the end of this day, let me return thanks for the blessings - and go pick up my wife from work. (Lord, do I love this song...)




3 comments:

Gexton said...

Thanks, you guys that is a great explanation. keep up the good work..

granite countertops edmonton

Peter said...

Some days, it is hard to remember that life is a marathon, not a sprint...

RJ said...

Ain't that the truth, thanks my man.

reflections on the third sunday of eastertide...

What a fascinating, illuminating, humbling, and awesome week it was for those who took the time to experience the eclipse. For most of our ...