Friday, November 1, 2013

It has come to pass...

Well, it has come to pass. My sweet and lovely Taylor was stolen this summer. And after grieving it for months, I ventured forth to test the waters when lo and behold I found something even finer: this 1969 Martin D-35. Given the insurance industry it took me a while before I had enough to pay the difference - and next week will be a little tight - but now I have a new friend. What a fine way to celebrate All Saints Day:  I sat right down and played a tribute to St. Lou Reed - Sweet Jane - because I am very, very grateful.

3 comments:

Elmer E. Ewing said...

Glad you finally were able to take it home. Wish I could have heard you play it when you did.

RJ said...

I'll post something live soon, my friend.

Lee Milligan said...

Welcome, my good friend, to the brotherhood/sisterhood of Martin D35 players! They are sweet instruments and if my memory of Martin history is accurate, yours will have the rarer type of rosewood.

getting into the holy week groove...

We FINALLY got our seed and wildflower order in! By now we've usually had seedlings started but... my new gig at church, Di's health...