Well, it has come to pass. My sweet and lovely Taylor was stolen this summer. And after grieving it for months, I ventured forth to test the waters when lo and behold I found something even finer: this 1969 Martin D-35. Given the insurance industry it took me a while before I had enough to pay the difference - and next week will be a little tight - but now I have a new friend. What a fine way to celebrate All Saints Day: I sat right down and played a tribute to St. Lou Reed - Sweet Jane - because I am very, very grateful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the wisdom and grace of mystery...
In this week's summary of reflections at the Center for Contemplation and Action, Barbara Brown Taylor's synthesis of the apophatic ...
-
Some 35 years ago I started tinkering with a garden. I didn't know what I was doing, of course, I simply found solace and a measure of ...
-
These past three months have taken their toll. Grief and anxiety will do that even if you don't fully recognize the signs. I certainly d...

3 comments:
Glad you finally were able to take it home. Wish I could have heard you play it when you did.
I'll post something live soon, my friend.
Welcome, my good friend, to the brotherhood/sisterhood of Martin D35 players! They are sweet instruments and if my memory of Martin history is accurate, yours will have the rarer type of rosewood.
Post a Comment