Tuesday, November 24, 2020

the wexford carol and chicken soup...

I have been playing the "Wexford Carol" on my guitar over and over this past week. It is haunting and reassuring in ways that are still not entirely clear to me. This version with Yo-Yo Ma and Allison Krauss may be the sweetest thing I have heard in a LONG time.

Tonight, as we creep ever so slowly into the prayers of a Celtic Advent, I am cooking up left-over chicken, basmatti rice, and a simple salad. I am also boiling the remains of the roasted chicken to gather up the meat and bone broth in anticipation of another batch of chicken rice soup for the day after Thanksgiving (USA.) In this time of covid solitude, it is the small blessings that carry the day for me. How about you?

No comments:

earth day reflection...

  EARTH DAY REFLECTION: Palmer, MA – April 21, 2024 Tomorrow marks the 54th anniversary of observing Earth Day in the United States: after ...