Tonight, as we creep ever so slowly into the prayers of a Celtic Advent, I am cooking up left-over chicken, basmatti rice, and a simple salad. I am also boiling the remains of the roasted chicken to gather up the meat and bone broth in anticipation of another batch of chicken rice soup for the day after Thanksgiving (USA.) In this time of covid solitude, it is the small blessings that carry the day for me. How about you?
Tuesday, November 24, 2020
the wexford carol and chicken soup...
I have been playing the "Wexford Carol" on my guitar over and over this past week. It is haunting and reassuring in ways that are still not entirely clear to me. This version with Yo-Yo Ma and Allison Krauss may be the sweetest thing I have heard in a LONG time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the wisdom and grace of mystery...
In this week's summary of reflections at the Center for Contemplation and Action, Barbara Brown Taylor's synthesis of the apophatic ...
-
Some 35 years ago I started tinkering with a garden. I didn't know what I was doing, of course, I simply found solace and a measure of ...
-
These past three months have taken their toll. Grief and anxiety will do that even if you don't fully recognize the signs. I certainly d...
No comments:
Post a Comment