Sunday, February 19, 2012

Wishing he were here...

So, dude, we're practicing for our Fat Tuesday Blues and Jazz Party tonight - a totally hot gig with some of my favorite people/artists/musicians playing smokin' blues and jazz - when in comes this video from brother Vince (a killer San Francisco artist) of my flesh and blood brother at a recent poetry reading. 

Freakin' jumpin' Jack Kerouac Batman - we were channeling the same groove tonight in different places - groovin' on the spirit of Bop and Blues and everything North Beach but in a totally bi-coastal way.  Check it out... my brother Phil going to town in the great Jazz Mecca by the sea (that's Pacific, man.)

Damn, but I wish me brother where here on THIS coast for Fat Tuesday:  I am truly wishing he were in the house but loving this gift via the blessings of technology.  We'll do it up right and share some Tom Waits' in his honor.

No comments:

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...