Monday, October 1, 2012

How did THIS happen?

In a moment of weakness - and mercy - I relented.  Ok, so maybe I was worn down by years of quiet but insistent suggestions from Dianne - and God knows I'm emotional toast after this weekend - but somehow it happened to me again:  we now have a new puppyl.  God damn is she cute!  We don't yet have a name for her but one is brewing...

She spent the afternoon sleeping in my lap - and then harassing our old dog, Casie, while I was at Bible study - so she is already one of the family.  Already I can feel some of the crustiness fall away from my heart.  I am a total dog man - I value and respect cats but only from afar - and she is a sweet mut from a farm.  Who could ask for more!  OMG how did this happen...?

1 comment:

Peter said...

Whew... I thought maybe something had happened to Casey and that you rushed out and got another dog. Forgive me for even coming close to that conclusion, James.

Very cute puppy, who will be quite the dog when she grows up (in about 10 months) and matures into an adult (in about 4 years).

Excited to learn what you're going to call her!

earth day reflection...

  EARTH DAY REFLECTION: Palmer, MA – April 21, 2024 Tomorrow marks the 54th anniversary of observing Earth Day in the United States: after ...