Today is St. Francis day who said:
He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.
Here is an old band - and an old clip - from an old venue that STILL brings me joy with the freshness of their sound and willingness to take new chances with their music. We play a jazz gig tonight at Patrick's - and tomorrow at the Mission - and I hope we have as much fun and share as much beauty as these old artists did at the Fillmore East...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
how I stay grounded in our challenging culture...
I was recently able to have lunch with our oldest daughter’s godfather and my favorite Sunday School teacher, Malcom, as we celebrated his 9...
-
Some 35 years ago I started tinkering with a garden. I didn't know what I was doing, of course, I simply found solace and a measure of ...
-
These past three months have taken their toll. Grief and anxiety will do that even if you don't fully recognize the signs. I certainly d...
No comments:
Post a Comment