Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Some miserable SOB stole my guitar...

Over the years I've owned seven different guitars and three electric bass guitars and all but two have been stolen - and then replaced.  Last night - or maybe early this morning - some miserable SOB entered our Sanctuary and stole my sweet Taylor acoustic.  They even took the freakin' case, too!  It makes me heartsick.
Once, back in Tucson, three guitars were stolen at the same time.  It felt like I had been physically sucker punched and I know I walked around in a daze for a while.  These were my dear friends - allies in making music and celebrating all the highs and lows of life - and I'd lived with those guitars for decades.  Look, I understand the depravity of addiction and I know people do stupid, mean and totally f***ed up things to get a fix.  But taking my guitar from the Sanctuary where we are so clearly identified in this community with celebrating life and helping people in need?  That's low and mean-spirited.

The police were kind and helpful - same with the insurance folk - so we'll see. And my bandmates and musical brothers-in-arms have all rallied so that I can keep the songs rolling.  Made me think of one of my favorite Willie Dixon songs, "Little Red Rooster" but in a whole different way.  "If you see my baby... PLEASE drive her home to me."

3 comments:

Pastor Barbara Barkley said...

So sorry, James!!

Peter said...

May she return to you, man.

RJ said...

Thank you, dear and beloved friends...

reflections on the third sunday of eastertide...

What a fascinating, illuminating, humbling, and awesome week it was for those who took the time to experience the eclipse. For most of our ...