Sunday, October 18, 2020

reflections from the chapel?

Next Sunday, if the weather cooperates, I am going to try doing my live-streaming reflection outside in our emerging chapel. It will be the last weekend of October. I want to ready our hearts and minds for All Saints and All Souls Days and open the door for others to join me in observing the ancient Celtic Advent that begins on Sunday, November 15. (More on this as it is mirrored by the Eastern Orthodox tradition.) I will be experimenting with equipment, extension chords, microphones, etc. this week. And while it may all come to naught if it rains, I think it could be fun. Here are a few teasers I took after today's yard 
work.  A friend posted a poem by John O'Donohue that speaks to this transitional time in the seasons and the liturgy.


This is the time to be slow
Lie low to the wall
Until the bitter weather passes
Try, as best you can, not to let
The wire brush of doubt
Scrape from your heart
All sense of yourself
And your hesitant light.
If you remain generous,
Time will come good;
And you will find your feet
Again on fresh pastures of promise,
Where the air will be kind
And blushed with beginning.







No comments:

earth day reflection...

  EARTH DAY REFLECTION: Palmer, MA – April 21, 2024 Tomorrow marks the 54th anniversary of observing Earth Day in the United States: after ...