Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tonight we played JAZZ...compared to what!?!

I was driving home from church early this evening - amps and guitars in the car - when I stopped at a light and... BAM!  A huge crash... seems the momentum of the car shifted the musical gear and they crashed through my back window.  Shattered the whole thing out (it will be replaced tomorrow... sigh!)

So I arrived at the gig tonight a little stunned and shocked:  very upsetting.  But we played like a house a-fire tonight - hard core jazz - and it was soooo healing:  Latin grooves and blues, Miles and Bird, hard bop and a little Coltranesque stylings, too.  What a gas. What's more, it felt reassuring and blessed to hang with these guys tonight, too:  just what the spiritual doctor ordered.  One of my buddies asked for this tune... which we could have nailed except I didn't have the lyrics so... next time for sure!

1 comment:

Peter said...

Mercies, my man. And a shot of Sotch.

trusting that the season of new life is calming creeping into its fullness...

Earlier this week, when the temperature was a balmy 65F and the skies sunny and blue, I began my annual outdoor spring cleaning: piles and ...