Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas morning...

It snowed about an inch late last night - everything is quiet and fragile in a bright dusting - and I'm the first one up!  Of course, after three worship celebrations - and conversation with the NYC contingent late into the evening - no one got to bed before 2 am.  So I am off to walk the dogs and then get the turkey roasting.  Hot tea and presents will commence soon, too.

This is a blessed day - not just because it is a feast with family (although I'm totally down with that) - but also because of the spiritual mystery of God's presence being born in powerlessness.  In many ways I am like Mary, "My spirit rejoices in God my Savior."  Blessings to you all.

1 comment:

Peter said...

And also to you, good friend.

an oblique sense of gratitude...

This year's journey into and through Lent has simultaneously been simple and complex: simple in that I haven't given much time or ...