Wednesday, March 25, 2020

small words make a huge difference...

What a strange, creative, unsettling and life-changing time this is: we hiked in the snowy woods this afternoon - Lucie was restless to get out and about - and then spent the rest of the day writing, reading, praying and experimenting in preparation for Sunday's live streaming broadcast. I hope to have things ready for editing by tomorrow evening so I can fully participate in Valerie Kaur's "Revolutionary Love" online gathering. (Di ordered me her book for Valentine's Day so we'll be a part of the on-line book launch celebration!)
Each evening I limit myself to one hour of watching the news - NEVER 45's campaign rallies hiding under the name pandemic update - and fill my other time with things like Carrie Newcomer's evening home concerts. Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/CarrieNewcomer/videos/212875493322396/ 
At some point today I read/heard someone say: please change one word when you speak about this time of being alone - we are not LOCKED at home, we are SAFE at home. Another friend encouraged us to speak of this as a time of solitude and introspection rather than self-isolation. Good words, indeed. 

I hope if you are able you will join me this Sunday @ 10 am for my Facebook live-streaming reflections. It is uncanny to me how the appointed lectionary readings are so relevant for this moment in time. They include Ezekiel's call to raise up the valley of dry bones, and, Jesus weeping in anguish with Mary and Martha over the death of his friend Lazarus. I look forward to being with you.

Small Is Holy

Live Streaming Reflections on Spirituality 
for an Unsettling Season
Sundays @ 10 AM on Facebook
Be Still and Know – James Lumsden
(https://www.facebook.com/Be-Still-and-Know-913217865701531)

No comments:

earth day reflection...

  EARTH DAY REFLECTION: Palmer, MA – April 21, 2024 Tomorrow marks the 54th anniversary of observing Earth Day in the United States: after ...